AK Assistance Ltd ( Party Wall Surveyors )

07831 627 627


About us

We are based in Crystal Palace, Southeast London SE19. A.K.Assistance Ltd was founded in 1995 by Arron Davies, specialising in all property development matters.

We are experienced, qualified Party Wall Surveyor specialists, and are registered members of the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors.


Why use us?

•We are competitively priced

•We will normally offer a fixed fee

•We are dedicated to resolving problems between neighbours rather than profiting from a dispute.

•We have over 30 year’s experience in property development management


What is a party wall Notice?

A notice is the start of the Party Wall Act process. Under the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 the Building Owner has to provide any adjoining owners with Notice if you intend to do any work covered by the Act. If you are unsure if your work comes under the Act or your neighbours need to be served with a notice then please contact us for free advice

There are three possible ways that works are notifiable under the Act and the relevant notices are known as:



Section 1 - New building on line of junction

Section 3 - Party structure notice

Section 6 - Adjacent excavation and construction


The main types of party walls are:

•a wall that stands on the lands of 2 (or more) owners and forms part of a building - this wall can be part of one building only or separate buildings belonging to different owners

•a wall that stands on the lands of 2 owners but does not form part of a building, such as a garden wall but not including timber fences

•a wall that is on one owner’s land but is used by 2 (or more) owners to separate their buildings

•The Act also uses the expression ‘party structure’. This could be a wall or floor partition or other structure separating buildings or parts of buildings in different ownership, such as in flats.